In The Land of The Dawn-Lit Mountains – Arunachal Pradesh – Page 1




A new year begins a new story, a new journey begins a new memory…months of planning, query, internet surfing, discussions and hours of chat & phone calls later…3 pairs of enthusiastic travelers embarks upon a journey to the unknown land of the Northeast India. This journey is to tick off our third state from the seven sister states of Northeast. Earlier, I had the golden opportunity to visit Nagaland during the famous Hornbill Festival. A year back, I was travelling across the misty valleys of beautiful Meghalaya -the Abode of the Clouds. (Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura & Assam remains in the top of my wish list). And now, after a lot of last minute apprehensions regarding the unfavorable weather conditions, one sunny November afternoon, we boarded the flight to Guwahati, our nearest airport to begin the inner land transit across the state.

Gratitude makes a person humble, atleast I believe so. Hence, to break away from the past writing style, I will begin my travel story to the state with a small introduction of my travel partners. I am grateful to each one of them for playing vital roles as I created moments & made memories.

My best travel partner, my wife…one who happily agrees to accompany me in all the journeys that are born out of my whims & fancies. She often models too to make my frames reach a depth of field. Captain, whose soul lies in the seas, is always there with me when he is not sailing and counting the stars in the night sky. He is the most patient model that I have ever got & he made few of my Meghalaya frames ethereal with his infectious smile and the glint in his eyes…His wife too makes for a great co traveler as the ladies often keep themselves busy and let the men do the things they are best suited for. What? Men will always be men…so are we…Captain & I.

We had a new enthusiastic young couple join us this time. Captain had travelled to Ladakh with them earlier. The busy corporate lady is an adventure & fitness freak. When she is not running a marathon or lifting weights, she can often be found cycling (that was easy?), paragliding (not easy, right?) or challenging the mighty rivers in their gorges and rafting (She gets bitten by the adventure bug, she says so!). And when she is not doing all that crazy stuff, she travels. Her husband…an engineer by profession has been the perfect partner to her. He has been running marathons too (even on Sundays! And poses happily with the medals 😊). Like her, he too often gets bitten by the travel bug. In his spare time, he is a constant motivator to his wife’s adventure escapades.

Dear Wife, Captain & Mrs. Captain, Mrs. & Mr. Adventure Freak – am grateful & thankful to you. With each one of you along, I will relive my memories to The Land of The Dawn-Lit Mountains…Again!

The Journey Begins…



#arunachalpradesh #northeastindia #beautifulnortheast #mesmerizingnortheast #India

Comments